Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Love is all ya need ;)


My son asked me tonight "what does Biology have to do with being family?"

My Reply " Not a damn thing"

My son: So why does it matter that we don't have the same blood?"

ME: I don't know sweetheart, I don't understand it either"
 
My Son:  "I wouldn't pick her"

Me: for what?

MY son: To be my mom

Me: Ok..

My son: I pick you..

ME:  All teary eyed "Thank you, that means alot"

My son: so should we do that thing, where we cut ourselves, then we would have the same blood

ME: No baby, we don't have to have the same blood for me to love you and be your mom


I am the mother of 6 children.  I love all 6 of my children.  Each and every one of them  has a piece of my heart.  This will not change.  Please, DO NOT question this, please do NOT  bring up blood and biology to me... My heart does NOT realize that I only physically gave birth to 3 of them.  My heart only realizes that I have 6 amazing children, each of the different, but each of them MINE!  It breaks my heart in this day and age, that blood and biology is brought up before love and care are. 


I have many people that I consider family, most of them are of my heart.  My dearest friend, my sister, is the sister of my heart.  I refer to her as my sister, that is how my heart thinks of her. Most times, I forget we are not "biologically related" but that has never meant much to me... or her.. but love, love does.  

Love is all we need in our family,  

Till next time 

TBC




No comments:

Post a Comment