Sunday, September 15, 2013

Lesson's Learned

I love to learn, if I could be paid to go to school for the rest of my life I would.  I love being a student, and the AHAA! moment from when I grasp a new lesson.

This week I learned 3 very important lessons :) Two, are tied together.  

Lesson #1
I have goals, goals attached to my business, goals that scare the ever loving crap out of me.  They are so big and powerful in my mind and the vision is so real for me, sometimes it is hard for me to even believe that I WILL one day reach them!

I have been a doubting Thomas this week, I have begin to wonder if I was where I should be, and pursuing what I need to do...it is my opinion that it is an attack from the devil, the devil tries to destroy all that is good, and tries to get you off the path you are meant to go down, and he uses doubt and fear, the closer you are to where God wants you, the more he attacks.

I received 2 very POWERFUL affirmations this week, to confirm that I am indeed where I need to be!

          Affirmation 1: a post card from my director, reaffirming my goals, and giving me a GO GET EM" Speech :) she sent it to me before she left for China! 

           Affirmation 2:  I re-posted a neat picture of Pink Caddie's parading in Dallas for Mary Kay's 50th Anniversary.  A dear friend posted a comment to my picture, that I was Next!  She totally believes that I will win a Caddie, I think I cried when I saw her comment.  It was everything I needed and more!

My lesson learned:  Even when I don't believe in myself, other's believe in my dreams!  

Lesson 2 was more of a bitter sweet lesson learned.

Lesson# 2

I confided in whom I thought was a friend, an important  decision I am trying to make about my health.  It was met with an incredibly ugly and hurtful remark.  I was totally shocked by her words, that I could not construct a comeback at the exact moment of our conversation.  I probably handled it wrong, but ehhh I am not perfect.  

I posted this on facebook in response:


Oh and one more thought for the day! If your friend shares with you that she is contemplating a surgery that will help her remove cancer that she has been fighting... say a mastectomy or a hysterectomy..

Please do not in any way shape or form ask her why, or suggest to her that she is giving up, or hint that this will in some sort of way make her a freak and make her any less of a woman.

I promise you ANY woman in that position is looking for long term solutions that will keep her around, that will get rid of the sick parts, so she can be healthy... It is NOT a decision one makes lightly, and if she is sharing it with you, she is looking for support.. be thankful she thought you could be trusted with the information, and it will probably be the LAST time she trusts you with ANY information.


Just your everyday average public service announcement  after all maybe she didn't realize she was being rude, and mean.  Maybe she would see this and realize she offended me.  Well, that didn't happen, and I did indeed have to take her out of my circle.  :( That was the bitter part of my lesson.  I learned that you can not trust everyone.

The Sweet:  I had several amazing responses from friends that were encouraging and uplifting.  It really made me feel better after the other incident.  

It truly was a week of learning where I stand, sometimes it is good to know where you stand, whom you can trust.  Life is a hard road, and it is not meant to walk alone.  It is good to know who you travel with, and even who will help you carry your load for a bit when you can't.  

It is also good to know that people believe that I will one day be in my own Cadillac, and truly believe in my business and my ability to do it well!

My heart is full today!  Yesterday is over, it is time for a new day! It put's me one day closer to my love being home, one day closer to my Cadillac.  I am off here to spend my day with the kiddo's, and tackle a mountain of Laundry!

Have a blessed Sunday!

TBC


No comments:

Post a Comment