Sunday, August 18, 2013

Pokey


Everyone, meet Pokey, this bear is one of my oldest possessions, he is one of my favorites.  He has been with me for every surgery I have had,  we have spent very few nights apart.  He goes with me everywhere.  
This photo was taken in Charlotte for Mary Kay career conference.   New friends look at me strange, after all I am a thirty-something year old woman, and this is a tattered bear.

  Oh the secrets he would spill if he could talk.  He was with me each  day 3 of my children were born, and he was with me the night I met my amazing step-children. He even snuggles when people are sad or hurt, he just seems to make people feel better.  He has heard my cry my share of heartbreaks, laugh when I was happy, he even has had special permission to stay with me during surgeries.  The only thing he does not get along with is Ginger, the dog (she ate his ears) 

 My family has somewhat accepted my need to have him with me, although I think they secretly think I am crazy. I am perfectly ok with that.  Some woman are mortified if people find out their favorite child hood friend is discovered by their peers. I am not that woman,  He is and always will be my treasured confident ;)
 This is how I picture him every night, letting me sleep, keeping the bad dreams away.  He is apart of what makes me unique, a quirky part of my personality.  

Well anywho, now that you think I am completely nuts, I am off to dream land, Pokey is off to bear duty! 

You can also follow pokey on facebook ;) Pokey's Facebook
Sweet Dreams! 



No comments:

Post a Comment